Terms & Conditions
By entering the race, you agree to accept these terms and conditions and abide by the rules of UK Athletics. www.uka.org.uk/competitions/rules/
The process for entering includes your agreement to the following statement “I agree that Gosport Road Runners may publish my Personal Information as part of the race pre-entry list and results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, gender and age category. “
Data Protection – the data controller for the Gosport Half Marathon is Race Nation. The details of how they will handle, store and manage your data can be found here: https://www.race-nation.com/privacy/
Please note that UKA rules state that only UKA affiliated runners can run under their club’s name.
Participants must be 17 years or over.
The course is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Push-chairs, buggies, skateboards and similar are not allowed.
Participants enter at their own risk and accept that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss, prior to, during or after the event.
The Organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions should circumstances require.
The Organisers reserve the right to modify or cancel the prize categories at any time.
In the event of severe weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Organisers (including cancellation due to Government imposed restrictions), we reserve the right to cancel the race. If this decision is made, no refund of race entry fee will be made, as most of the costs are incurred before the start of the race.
In the event of any objections to the conduct or the result of the race the Race Referee’s decision is final. The Race Director’s decision on all other matters is final.
All administrative race enquiries should be sent to the on-line race administrator at email@example.com
No refunds are available, but deferrals or number transfers are available as below:
- Deferrals to 2024 Gosport Half Marathon are available up to 1200 on Monday 13 November 2023
- Requests to defer should be made direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A further deferral for a 2nd time is not permitted.
Number transfers are available as follows:
- Numbers may be transferred to a substitute runner online by the person who made the original booking via their account on the Race Nation website. Details of how to log on are detailed here:
- Number Transfer Charges:
Affiliated to affiliated = No charge
Non-affiliated to non-affiliated = No charge.
Non-affiliated to affiliated = No charge.
Affiliated to non-affiliated = £2 charge.
- Original entry fee: Each original entrant must make financial arrangements with the new runner directly to recoup this.
- The cut-off for transfers for 2023 is 1200 Monday 13 November 23.
- Unauthorised number swaps may result in disqualification.
After race is full:
There will be an automated waiting list provided online by Race Nation.
The waiting list will be shut down on 5 November 23 at 1800.
See the race website’s NEWS section for latest updates.
Under UKA rule 240 S5 the wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic. There are some sections on the Gosport Half course which do have traffic coming in the opposite direction to runners and is therefore not wholly closed.
- The wearing of such equipment may prevent you from hearing instructions from marshals and other event staff as well as the hearing of sirens/horns from emergency services and other vehicles. By wearing such devices you are putting yourself and those around you at risk.
- Rule 240 S5 also states if the athlete wears bone conductive headphones, these are acceptable as these work by conducting sound through bones and do not sit or block the ears.
- For the Gosport Half Marathon Bone conducting headphones are permitted so long as the wearer can hear traffic and marshal directions. Please do not risk our ability to get a future license for this event by ignoring this rule.
- Runners seen to be wearing headphones other than bone conducting headphones will be disqualified buy the Event Organisers
An entrant shall be deemed to have made him/herself/their self, familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules.
The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the [date of entry], whether or not the licence holder is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.
All race numbers, including timing chips, will be sent out via post from DB Max.
Entries made after 31 Oct 22 will have to be collected before 0945 from DBMax at the race HQ on the day of the race – Sun 19 November
Please complete the medical conditions and emergency contact information on the reverse of your number to enable emergency services to look after you in the unlikely event that you need it. Do not run if you are unwell.
Photographs and video recordings may be taken and used for publicity purposes.
Car parking in the School grounds, Browndown Road or Gomer Lane is not permitted.
The race car-park closes at 2pm, please remove your car before this time.
Only children of age 11 and under may participate in the Fun Run. Parent/Guardian consent must be given. Parents may run with their children if they wish.