Gosport Road Runners invite you to take part in the 28th anniversary of our event. The race takes place on Sunday 17th November 2013 commencing at 10am. The venue is Bay House School, 18 Gomer Lane, Alverstoke, Gosport, Hampshire PO12 2QP.
The race has been voted by ‘Runners World’ readers in 2011 and 2012 as the best UK half marathon for achieving a potential Personal Best time. All the elements needed to record your best time are in place on this event. A virtually traffic free, off-road course which includes a section on the service roads of an airfield and along Lee-on-the-Solent seafront promenade.There is chip timing.
Race entries tend to be evenly split between Club and non Club Runners, so there is a good mix of abilities that ensures the race feels busy but rarely crowded. Last year the winning man was Matthew Revier (Southampton Athletic Club) in a time of 1.08.23 and the winning lady was Erica Fogg (New Forest Runners) in a time of 1.19.07.
The race is a venue for the Hampshire Road Race League and unfortunately is not suitable for wheelchair athletes.
Closing date for postal and on-line entries is up to and including 8th November (unless race limit of 2000 is reached). Last year the entry list was closed earlier than published as maximum entries had been received. Entrants who are 17 years of age will require permission of parent/guardian to enter and must make contact with the Race Director at time of entry firstname.lastname@example.org
The entry form can be downloaded from this website
For postal entries, cheques should be made payable to ‘Gosport Road Races’ and sent to:
Gosport Road Races
5 Larch Close
Runners World (link is on this page).
Affiliated runner £14.00.
Non Affiliated runner £16.00
There are no entries on the day.
Entries are non-refundable. The only acceptable situation is to contact the race director with a substitute runner nominated and he can arrange for your number to be swapped.
Children’s Fun Run
Whilst the main event is underway, a ‘Fun Run’ for children under 12 takes place commencing at 10.20am and which covers a distance of 1.2k. The event is off road commencing on a grassed area near to the seafront, through a park and finishing in the school grounds. If your child wants you to run with them, that is ok. No medal for parents! The entry cost is £2.00. Payment and registration for the Fun Run, has to be made on the day of the race.
- All finishers (adults and children) will receive a medal and Goody Bag.
- The use of MP3 Players and similar devices is not permitted whilst running.
- In the event of severe weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the race organisers, we reserve the right to cancel the race. If this decision is made, no refund of race entry fee will be made, as most of the costs are incurred before the start of the race.
- We really do appreciate runners giving a few minutes of their time after the race to send us their comments. It is invaluable information for the race committee. A good place to post a comment is on the Runner’s World website.
Guidance on how to prepare for an endurance event is available on the Runners Medical Resource website with regularly updated advice from the runbritain Medical Advisory Group.
Facilities and Accommodation
A list of places to stay in Gosport and Lee-on-the Solent can be found at www.discovergosport.co.uk
- Changing Rooms
- Parking close to venue
- Supervised bag storage
- Sports retail stall
- Medal engraving available
- Pre and post race massage
- Purchase of 'T' shirt with names of all entrants who have entered two weeks prior to the event printed on the back
Further information can be obtained by contacting: email@example.com
Course Measurement Certificate – 09/093 (Under UK Athletics Rules) UKA Road Race Licence – 2013-105251